Spring is Here!

Business is starting to pick up!Please remember that we will not be able to answer the phone when it is busy. Our priority is  always the customers who are  in the shop. Email is much more reliable.

The Travel Channel special “Best Places to Chow Down:Presidential Edition” will be shown on April 20th. I know a lot of you were interviewed son be sure to look for yourself!

Speaking of April…. we have some great Easter treats planned.Coconut custard and carrot cakes decorated w/bunny cookies,bunny dog treats as well as tons of chocolate truffles. We are taking orders. Email or call.

Here’s a change for ya. After much thought we have decided to stop serving sprinkles and maraschino cherries due to the amount of artificial flavors and colors in those products.We will not miss them. Let’s eat better.

Follow us on Twitter. We will tell you the flavor of the day, sorbets,treat o’ the day,specials,news,rants,Wisconsin stuff,dog stuff and ton’s of stuff only Liz cares about!

11 comments on “Spring is Here!
  1. dan says:

no more sprinkles? no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Jeff says:

What in the world does avoiding artificial flavors and colors have to do with “eating better”? Just because something is artificial doesn’t mean it’s bad for you, especially considering the tiny amounts of material that are necessary to give a food flavor or color (just think of how much frosting can be colored with a few drops of food coloring). Sprinkles are essentially just sugar and starch with a tiny amount of coloring. Frozen custard itself is not exactly health food, and I doubt that a few sprinkles or cherries adversely affect the healthiness of the dessert.

3. Freddy says:

Well Jeffy – do you mind if I call you Jeffy – some people are just not as lucky as you are to be a Supreme Superman, and they have food intolerances and allergies. Sometimes lethal. My good friend has Crohn’s and cannot eat anything processed at all, not even at the micro milligram level. If you have a problem with it, then don’t eat at TDG.

4. kyla says:

But where does the sugar and starch come from? Is it good real unrefined sugar, and starch from a non-refined flour?
    I think the bigger issue is the chemicals in those PROCESSED items. I do love the cherries, but I also know they are preserved in crap; tasty tasty crap.

And your custard might not be “healthy,” but it is certainly better for me than a Pepsi filled with high fructose corn syrup: a sugar processed to within an inch of it’s life which creates a highway to diabetes.

I support your choice Liz, and will keep my eyes out for “naturally” made maraschino cherries, if for no one else but myself 🙂

5. Roscoe P. Coltrane says:

Settle down there bucko. Here’s an ingredient list for maraschino cherries. If you want to put this stuff into your body, be my guest. But I for one applaud the move.

Cherries, Water, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate, FD&C Red #40, and sulfur dioxide.

6. iEatDC says:

DG isn’t a democracy, it’s a dictatorship of deliciousness. Bring on the cobbler!

7. Sara says:

Do youi have a Twitter feed that’s flavors only? I found last year that the randomness of the non-flavor posts cause me to unfollow because it was just way more
    info than I really wanted.

• admin says:

As this is not the purpose of Twitter, we do not have a seperate account with just flavors. For this purpose we recommend you use the RSS feed.

8. Kathy says:

Is there a Brat Night in May or June? I checked the calendar and it doesn’t show when that happens.

9. neg says:

I support the change! At my teeth cleaning last week, I was surprised when my dentist did a thorough oral cancer screening. She told me the fastest growing age group for oral cancer is people under 40 with zero risk symptoms (nonsmoking, no genetic history, etc) – aka, me. They think it’s the cumulative effect of all the crap added to food over the past 30 years.